Website Hope Rescue mission
Helping People. Restoring Hope. Transforming Lives.
Director of Development Job Description
Organize activities to raise funds or otherwise solicit and gather monetary donations, pursue and oversee grants, and other gifts for HRM and fiscal management and accountability of Development activities. Reports to Executive Director. Part or Full Time.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities designed to create and maintain a favorable public image and raise issue awareness for HRM
- Engage in fundraising, planning, directing, and coordinating activities to solicit and maintain funds for special projects.
- Create annual marketing campaign as well as write and select material for release to various communications media.
- Plan, coordinate, review, and edit the content of material for publication, including monthly website blog posts, monthly thrift boutique newsletters, and updating website content.
- Board Meetings – Reports for Directors of Board and committees, when requested.
- Oversees all aspects of Development:
- Creating, designing, writing direct mail pieces and email marketing (Appeals and Newsletters)
- All fund-raising responsibilities; including grant search, proposal writing, and maintaining relationships with foundations and foundation leaders, donor relationship cultivation and stewardship
- Social media content creation and posting
- Financial Department – communicate with financial management concerning all aspects of development projects, expenses, financial budget accountability and awareness, and developing annual development budgets.
- Community Engagement – working with, serving, and reaching out to Local Government and other Stakeholders.
These duties and responsibilities are not exclusive.
- Competence in the use and application of Google Suite products and Canva
- Fundraising, communication, and implementation of a biblically-based financial development plan.
- Excellent planning, administrative and organizational skills, time management efficiency, and careful attention to detail.
- Proficiency in computer applications including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Collaborative communication and cross-department needs evaluation
- Ability to work and learn independently.
- Work within and effectively relate to team members representing a wide range of personalities.
- Proven ability in financial management and fundraising strategy/execution/accountability.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Grant Writing Skills and/or Knowledge
- Grant management
- Agreement with HRM statement of faith and vision and values
Education and Experience:
- A relevant college degree and/or equivalent years of experience in ministry and administrative work is required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of non-profit fundraising experience is required, including managing projects and events.
- Mature Christian with a strong faith and ability to lead as a Disciple of Christ. Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, be actively involved in a local Bible-believing church, and have a desire to serve the Lord in rescue ministry.
Interested applicants need to submit a completed application and an updated resume to Jeanne Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit hopemontana.org.