TSOS Outreach Staff
Hours (2 shifts available): 3p – 11p Wednesday – Sunday (Full-time) or 7a-7pm Saturday and Sunday only (Part-time)
Outreach Staff will conduct daily operations for the TSOS with Hope Rescue Mission. Outreach Staff is expected to maintain a log of all occupants, rule violations, and actions to mediate conflicts among occupants or to report emergency responses. Additionally, the representative will keep a log of all outreach workers and case managers on site. As part of their duties, the representative will be responsible for facilitating connections to various service providers for occupants’ TSOS using a peer support model.
The Outreach Staff will be required to walk the perimeter of the TSOS hourly to maintain a consistent presence, be available for any questions or concerns among residents, and ensure that walkways are clear in the event emergency response is needed. Outreach Staff will be responsible for working directly with participants to help support participant needs.
Reports to: Director of Outreach
- Direct Contact with clients working through forwarding movement with service providers available onsite.
- Work to ensure TSOS guests are all aware of our programs and procedures.
- Act as a shepherd, and advocate for TSOS participants.
- Provide peer support to participants in crisis to establish life goals, identify addictive behaviors and triggers, connect to outside help, and create healthy decisions and lifestyles.
- Identify and establish community partnerships with other agencies and churches that complement the program.
- Build Relationships with each participant to help with forward movement.
An active member in a local evangelical church, firm on the inerrant Word of God as their foundation, and willing to share personal testimony.
To apply, complete job application and submit it with your current resume via email to April Seat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit hopemontana.org.