BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING
Here at Hope Rescue Mission, we deeply value every heart that desires to serve the Lord and recognize we are a volunteer-driven, staff-supported Mission!
Volunteering offers a wide range of benefits, both for the individual and for society. Here are some of the key benefits of #volunteering:
- Personal Growth: Volunteering helps individuals develop new skills, gain experience, and learn more about themselves and the community around them. It also boosts self-esteem, builds confidence, and enhances personal satisfaction and fulfillment.
- Social Connections: Volunteering provides opportunities for individuals to connect with others and develop meaningful relationships. It can help build social networks, improve communication and teamwork skills, and provide a sense of belonging and #community to something greater than oneself.
- Career Development: Volunteering can also be a great way to gain experience and skills that can be useful in a variety of career fields! It can help individuals build their resumes, develop professional contacts, and gain valuable job-related skills.
- Health and Well-being: Studies have shown that volunteering can have a positive impact on physical and mental health. It can reduce stress, improve moods, and increase overall well-being.
- Making a Difference: Volunteering provides individuals with an opportunity to make a positive impact on the community they live in and the world around them. It can be a way to contribute to important causes and issues and to help improve the lives of others.
Overall, volunteering is a great way to give back, learn new skills, meet new people and enhance personal and professional development. If you want to join us in building relationships toward transformation, we have several opportunities to serve.
- Volunteers to help at the HRM Drop-In Center with reception duties.
- Volunteers that would like to teach/lead an art class, painting, and activities where people can build relationships.
- Volunteers to lead Bible studies.
- Volunteers to take clients to showers at a local church on Tuesdays.
- Volunteers needed for Street Outreach on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 11 am. Some need to be on-site at the TSOS to stay with clients and some to do outreach around the North side of Missoula.
- Volunteers who can be onsite at TSOS to help the staff while they are doing peer support with clients.
- Volunteers to create content on social media, assist in researching for grant proposals, development, and fundraising assistance.
If you are interested in volunteering at Hope Rescue Mission, please reach out to our Volunteer Coordinator, Shelly Wear, or visit us online. You can also use this QR code to be taken right to the HRM Volunteer Application!